Posts from the ‘Girl Crush of the Month’ Category
This article is basically about what you think it’s about. Female Rock. It can be hard, indie, slightly off-kilter, it’s all great. I think that these are a few artists that you all should check out (if you haven’t already and if you have, I hope you enjoy re-listening to them). Seriously, these chicks rock.
1. Cat Power. Freaking love her and have been listening to her pretty much non-stop for the past week or so.
2. Feist. A wonderful Canadian girl!
3. Emily Wells. Pretty nice contrast in the violin vs. hip hop beat.
4. Zola Jesus. She’s been described as “Gothic Pop Music”. Have a listen and hear for yourself.
5. Fiona Apple. I feel as though I don’t need to say anything about this one.
6. Emilie Autumn. Another of the Gothic variety. This one, my friend Dani got me to listen to. Her voice is very unique, reminds me of Linda Perry.
7. Amanda Palmer. I first heard her in The Dresden Dolls, then from being Neil Gaiman’s wife. She’s pretty wicked.
8. ….this one’s just a given. I bought her cd when I first got my cd player back in grade six. She was my first. 🙂
9. Shirley Manson is a straight up goddess. “I guess that makes us uncool. I’m not cool, I’m HOT!”
10. This one I’ll leave open. There are so many other talented female artists out there. Look beyond Lady Gaga, Britney and Nicki Minaj. You might just be surprised what you may find.
**Also, if you want to add to the list in any way, please leave in the comments! I’d love to check them out! I love new music. Thanks!